This article may contain affiliate links, and we may be compensated for qualifying purchases made after clicking on them.
Ordering dog food online is more than just a convenience. The best dog food delivery services offer customers numerous options, from fresh to commercial kibble. They can also save you a lot of trouble by shipping the food to your doorstep or work site.
Truly, the convenience of dog food delivery services is undeniable and pet parents are always on the hunt for the best one. Read along to find which brand you need to subscribe to.
The Best Dog Food Delivery Service Companies of 2022
Many delivery platforms even offer customization plans based on the dog’s needs. These services are excellent for curating organic dry food, canned wet food, and even specialty diet dog foods for those pets with sensitive tummies. They are also priced differently so customers can choose alternatives within their budget. We have reviewed nine brands and we gather that the best dog food delivery service is Tailored Pet and the rest are very close competitions. With so many options in the market today and every dog having different needs, this review will help you choose the best one for your own furbaby.
Our Favorite: Tailored Pet
- There is free auto shipping which can be altered if there is a need for change
- Tailored pet provides sustainable packaging as it can be recycled, and the free scooper is biodegradable.
- Personalized recipe options with varied high-quality proteins like salmon, chicken and lamb.
- Dental chews and treats are available as well.
- It is expensive compared to the other dog food delivery platforms
The Tailored Pet is the best dog food delivery service. If you want high-quality personalized recipes which are great for your dog’s health, it is the one to go for. The products are also available at an affordable price.
Tailored pet is a premier personalized pet food platform with several available amenities. Customers can choose the right balance of ingredients based on their health concerns and age. All recipes also meet the Association of the American Feed Control Officials guidelines , which is great for the dog’s long-term health. Aside from the sustainable practices which are employed, there is also a money-back guarantee for customers that are not satisfied. When it comes to the pricing, Tailored pet food indicates a growing puppy would take $29 per month. Small breeds as well would require $39 every month. The larger breeds, though, require $52 each month.
>> Check out our in-depth Tailored Pet Review <<
Affordable Human Grade Food: PetPlate
- PetPlate features human-grade all-natural ingredients that do not have any preservatives
- There are a variety of recipes, including turkey, beef, chicken, lamb, pork, and venison, for customers to choose from.
- Auto-shipping is also provided, so customers can skip, pause or cancel their orders anytime.
- The platform also comes with a 100% money-back guarantee
- The packaging is recyclable and BPA-free as well
- The products, unfortunately, take up a lot of the freezer space, considering they are shipped in large plastic containers.
- The insulation within the shipping containers is also cumbersome as well, so there are not compostable at home.
Petplate is known for providing the most affordable quality human-grade pet food, kettle-cooked in small batches to ensure the nutrient quality of the dog food.
Like other top-tier dog food delivery services, Petplate offers custom orders for each dog depending on customer stipulations on age, breed, weight, and activity level. That is so the team of veterinarians in the USDA-approved kitchen can prepare meals tailored to your dog. The other plus is that all meal plans are proportioned, so you do not have to measure the required food daily. There is also a variety that customers can choose from, including lamb, chicken, turkey, venison, beef, and pork. Pet plate also allows for chicken apple sausage bites and health supplement cookies which are very digestible. The platform also gives a topper plan for 25% of the full meals. There is also free delivery to every state in continental America, and pricing is based on the dog’s age and weight. For smaller dogs, customers may spend $2.5 a day. Heavier dogs, though, would require $6.42 a day.
>> Check out our in-depth PetPlate review <<
Variety-filled Menu: Spot and Tango
- The platform gives proteins, fruits, and vegetables with minimal preservatives to retain the organic nature of the recipes.
- Spot and Tango deliver orders directly to the customer’s doorstep.
- New customers are given 20 percent discounts for their meal plans.
- The ingredients meet the highest USDA standards for human-grade food.
- The expense of certain meals is more compared to other subscription plans.
Spot and Tango provides personalized and healthy human-grade food for individuals. There is also a variety in the menu as they give wet, dry, or whole foods for dogs of every size.
Spot and Tango meals are customized according to gender, age, weight, activity, and health conditions. The platform also offers three fresh recipes for freezer storing and three unkibble recipes for shelf storage. Nutritionists crafted all of the recipes across both alternatives were crafted by nutritionists, so they meet the AAFCO standards for every age group. All of the meals are prepared in FDA-sanctioned kitchens. Spot and Tango fresh food starts at $15 a week, while Unkibble is priced at $7 per week. The prices depend on whether you prefer a full or topper plan. It also depends on the recipe of choice and the activity levels.
>> Check out our in-depth Spot and Tango review <<
Nutrient Rich Recipes: The Farmer’s Dog
- Customers benefit from four healthy recipes developed by the ACVN veterinary nutritionists. These come from chicken, turkey, pork or beef.
- Customers can personalize the plans and meals that are proportioned to meet the clientele’s unique needs.
- You can ship the dog food for free, allowing more to be delivered in one go. Auto-shipping is also possible for better convenience with the ability to pause or cancel anytime.
- Human-grade ingredients with zero preservatives ensure the food’s organic quality.
- The food is fresh, so it has to be kept frozen, especially if it is purchased in large quantities, so it does not spoil.
- The Farmer’s dog quotes more expensive rates than other fresh dog food companies.
The Farmer’s Dog is a platform that primarily caters to customers who prefer giving their dogs the highest quality fresh food. It is because of grain-free, nutrient-rich recipes.
The Farmer’s dog products are made without preservatives as the goal is not to be shelf-stable. It is to ensure your pet benefits from the most natural nutrients available as well. Fresh foods are more digestible for the dog as the proteins and antioxidants are easily absorbed. They also feature balanced meals according to the AAFCO standards, considering the three recipes. These are beef, chicken, and turkey. Farmer’s dog products are packed with dry ice to keep them frozen, and the food is pre-portioned in bags for meals. The bags are also frozen flat, so they take up minimal spacing in the packed freezers. Meal plans are personalized according to each pet’s qualities, lifestyle, and goals, so you can adjust the flavors in each shipment. The dog profile also considers 15 different health issues: gluten, grain sensitivity, ear infections, and digestive problems. That is with the choice of adding other health issues your dog may be suffering from. There may not be a specific puppy formula though all recipes are certified by the AAFCO or every life stage. The company also bundles and labels each order to include individual packages, the dog’s name, and the manufacturing dates of the food.
>> Check out our in-depth The Farmer’s Dog review <<
Convenient Subscription and Delivery Services: Nom Nom
- The food is made within designated facilities, so it is not frozen, which is great for fresh food enthusiasts.
- There is a variety of meal options, including grain and gluten-free.
- The packaging, which includes boxes, and packs, is from recycled items so it is sustainable.
- There is a money-back guarantee that lasts up to 30 days.
- It is not possible for clients to select the shipping day of the week
- Customer support must be contacted to customize the recipe combinations and the portion sizes.
Nom Nom specializes in providing nutritional pet food and convenient meal subscription services to your door. This grain-inclusive recipe also utilizes a significant amount of named meat for animal protein.
Like other premier fresh dog food options, the meals are from natural ingredients. This platform has four recipes that entail turkey, beef, pork, and chicken. Fortunately, all ingredients are indicated on the site and on the packaging. Customers also benefit from the prepackaging, so it is easy to shell out and store. There is a full refund guarantee for those who are not satisfied with the service. That is if you do not see a difference in the dog after 30 days while on a diet. The delivery service bases the pricing according to the weight and age of the dog. For example, for a one-year-old, 38-pound healthy dog, a week’s worth of meals is $48.51. It would come with free shipping, though.
>> Check out our in-depth Nom Nom Dog Food review <<
Customized Pre-portioned Food: Ollie
- Fresh high, quality USDA certified food
- The dog food does not require careful handling in the same way as raw food, and it still provides numerous nutritional benefits.
- Dog food is delivered to your door, so you do not have to lug it from a store.
- The company provides proportioned packets, so there is an added convenience.
- It is expensive, so it may not be a sustainable long-term dog food solution.
- Feeding the dog fresh or raw food is slightly more work than commercial kibble.
Ollie dog food service is the best option if you are looking for a platform that offers customized yet pre-portioned freshly cooked dog food. Many customer reviews indicate owners who switch to Ollie’s noted shinier coats in their dogs.
Ollie’s utilizes four different kinds of meat protein: beef, lamb, turkey, and chicken. They also strive to ensure the ingredients within the recipes are packed with nutrients, so there is hardly any waste. As for the vegetarians, you can get spinach, rosemary, and blueberry, to name a few. Aside from fish oil, Ollie’s recipes also have one source of meat per plan. For example, those who choose beef recipes will only get beef meat and organs. The chicken recipe comes with chicken meat and dried eggs. Ollie also claims a convenient experience for clientele. After completing the initial questionnaire, one is given a list of recommended recipes to choose from. The platform then sends a package with enough food to last up to the next delivery date. As for cost, the exact price of the package will depend on the recipe’s specifications. It could mean anything from $3.5 to $11 a day.
>> Check out our in-depth Ollie Dog Food review <<
Sous Vide Cooking: A Pup Above
- The foods are palatable because of the rich taste from the sous vide cooking method. It is also from human-grade ingredients.
- The foods may be USDA certified and cooked well, but it is still more affordable than other fresh food options.
- There are grain-inclusive and free options, which is great for dogs with intolerances or allergies.
- The packaging is sustainable because of the use of BPA-free elements.
- It can cause some weight gain if you do not consider the portion sizes for the dog food.
- There are not as many customization options as other fresh food alternatives.
The platform is known for utilizing locally sourced GMO-free ingredients and cooking them using the sous vide method to keep as many nutrients as possible.
The whole food ingredients are cooked using a sous vide approach at a USDA-sanctioned facility. Sous vide is a method of slow cooking dog food to 180 degrees Fahrenheit to preserve the food’s moisture, nutrients, and proteins. You may also choose from four recipes. Sample snacks are also available for those who are unsure about the best choice. Fortunately, there are discounts for selecting the larger bags as it will save the customer 25%. The total cost will depend on the dog’s size and how much food they need. Prices apparently begin at an estimated $3 per day.
>> Check out our in-depth A Pup Above review <<
Digestible Raw Food: We Feed Raw
- It is safe for dogs that are going through every life stage.
- The food is human-grade meat which means it is high quality.
- There are still vitamins and minerals aside from the animal protein served to the dogs.
- We Feed Raw does not include fillers, artificial coloring, or preservatives in the food, which means it is entirely organic.
- It can take dogs that are new to a raw diet some time for them to adjust.
We Feed Raw is the best option for customers looking for biologically appropriate raw dog meals considering human-grade meat. It contains 80 percent muscle meat, 10 percent edible bones, and vitamins and mineral premix.
Unlike most average or low-tier dog food brands within the market, there are no artificial flavoring or preservatives. The dog food delivery utilizes a high-pressure water system to ensure the meat is safe. It is supposed to take care of Salmonella and listeria without also destroying the nutrients as well. There are six raw dog food recipes which include turkey, lamb, venison, and duck. The platform also meets AAFCO dog nutrient profiles, including the growth of giant breed types. Depending on the size and needs of the dog, it is possible to swap fresh raw meals in their diet. It should cost as little as $2 to $4.
>> Check out our in-depth We Feed Raw review <<
Therapeutic Diet Alternatives: Chi Dog
- The dog food is balanced and complete for both puppies and mature dogs
- Chi Dog utilizes a light cooking method to kill pathogens but is not extreme to remove the nutrients from the food.
- The food is USDA certified and made from human-grade ingredients
- It can be costly compared to other fresh dog food delivery services.
Chi Dog is known for providing both balanced and therapeutic diet options for customers.
Chi Dog is shipped frozen on dry ice and will need to be thawed before you can feed the dog. The packages may be set in the fridge overnight. Though, if you need to use the food sooner, it can be thawed using a microwave-safe container. There are a variety of recipes customers can choose from as well. These are meant to be the healthiest fit for the dog as the site has different tools to evaluate the dog using Chinese Medicine assessing the right diet. As for the pricing, it depends on what you are feeding the dog, but the estimate is roughly $9.9 a day.
Different Types of Dog Food Delivery
Dog food comes in various shapes, sizes, and colors, and several delivery services can choose from. Customers can get commercial dog food delivery options that are easy to access and generally cheaper. These are also more common as well. Raw dog food delivery types are also an option. These consist of raw meat, organs, and bones mixed into the diet. This diet works for most dogs that are active or large breeds. Canned food delivery services are excellent for wet food preferences. It is more expensive than kibble, but there are nutrient advantages as well. The question is the level of digestible protein provided.
Why Dog Food Delivery Has Become So Popular
At present, pet food trends are increasingly copying human food trends, and there are many options like plant-based, raw and fresh. Commercial kibble then is fast becoming inadequate as pet food because of the lack of nutrients therein. Same-day fresh dog food, on the other hand, can help your customers treat their pets better as they come with nutrients. For most pet owners, the high quality of the ingredients in the food is appealing. As compared with kibble, less conventional options are seen as being less processed. The majority of pet food brands, though, market how the food is cooked at lower temperatures meaning there are more nutrients to take advantage of.
Other Dog Food Subscription Services to Try
There are a variety of other fresh or raw dog food alternatives to consider that provide similar services for customers. One is Just Food for Dogs which provides a versatile set of alternatives that adhere to every budget. Aside from fresh and wet food, customers can benefit from 15 whole food recipes alongside feeding calculators and other resources for creating the right meal plan. Royal Canin is also an option for breed-specific puppies. It formulates the different dog foods according to the typical nutritional needs of particular breeds, sizes, and activity levels. That makes it easier to find the blend closely matching the pet lifestyle. Purina is another competent dog food delivery service as well. There is a wide range of kibble to choose from, such as weight management, allergy-friendly, and breed-specific puppy food.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best pet food delivery?
Tailored Pet provides the best pet food delivery, which provides diverse, high-quality recipes. It is also at an affordable price. The delivery service also offers sustainable packaging as it can be recycled.
What is the most affordable dog food delivery service?
If the goal is affordable dog food cut above the typical commercial kibble, PetPlate is worth a look. Customers can get meal plans for as little as $1 per day.
Is there a cheaper alternative to The Farmer’s Dog?
There are cheaper alternatives to The Farmer’s Dog, which include PetPlate and Nom Nom. They also stand out because of their money-back guarantee.
Is a dog food subscription worth it?
It is worth it if one has the time and the inclination to research the right diet for the dog. Customers who do not have the time to commit to a schedule of preparing the dog food regularly can use a subscription service. Most services also offer pause and stop options for customers.