Have you been searching to for a crate that looks great with the rest of the decor in your home? I’ll be honest. This was also my main criteria for selecting my personal favorite dog kennel. You can be sure that you are in the right place to find the perfect fit. My testimony regarding my search for the perfect dog crate that can double as furniture led me in a lot of directions before I came upon the perfect choice.
With that in mind, I’ll be more than happy to share the results. I’ll also give you the run down on my favorite runner ups. One thing that you need to keep in mind at all times is that there plenty of low quality products out there that you need to avoid, both as decorative table furniture and as a potential dog crate. I’ll only include the worthy candidates on this list.
My #1 Recommended Dog Crate Furniture
First of all, what do you really need to be looking for in a piece of dog crate furniture? Its basic function should come first. You should choose a sturdy kennel that will keep your dog safe while they are being transported from one place to another. The kennel you select should not only be sturdy enough to last for many years to come but also cost effective enough to pay for itself in a short amount of time.
Beyond that, the crate that you settle on should also double nicely as a piece of decorating furniture, such as an end table. This way, if you can’t store it in the basement or your attic, you can put it to good use when it isn’t being utilized for its primary purpose. All of the candidates on this list, including my #1 favorite piece of dog crate decorative end-table furniture, have been selected for this reason.
Casual Home Wooden Pet Crate
My ultimate selection as my #1 favorite is the new Casual Home Wooden Pet Crate. Some of its main features include, but definitely are not limited to, the following:
- A solid wood construction that guarantees longevity
- It looks and feels natural and fantastic as a piece of furniture
- It’s fully ventilated to give your dog plenty of air and plenty of space for you to pass treats through as needed
- Generously sized at 20″W x 27.5″D x 24″H
The Casual Home Wooden Pet Crate is the perfect combination of functioning dog crate and furniture décor. As such, it fits both my aesthetic and practical needs at once. As noted above, this model is sized very generously. You should note that there is plenty of room — a total of 16.5″W x 24.25″D x 21″H inches — for your pet to move around and make themselves comfortable while being stored inside the crate.
It’s also an excellent piece of decorating furniture. If you store it at the end of your table in your living room, it will fit right in with the rest of your furniture. It looks and feels completely natural and really helps to set an atmosphere of confidence and skill in your decorative skills. For all of these reasons, plus the fact that the model comes with a fully warranty, this is my number one recommendation.
I also understand that not all of my readers may share my enthusiasm for the above listed dog crate. For this reason, it’s only fair to list all of the worthy runner ups that I have encountered during my search for the perfect piece of dog crate furniture. These will include a number of models that have been carefully selected for a number of significant reasons. The reasons are their durability, value, and affordability.
Merry Pet 2-in-1
If you weren’t enamored of my number one choice, you may well prefer the Merry Pet 2-in-1. This piece of dog crate furniture comes with a full guarantee of quality from the maker. It can easily be converted into a dog gate in order to keep your pet – or a welcome series of new born puppies – in a certain part of your home. Of course, you can also use it as a piece of décor that will set off any living area.
Its sturdy wooden construction gives it a natural, homey appeal that will fit in well with your personal style. The Merry Pet 2-in-1 also comes with a wide variety of extra features that will be listed below. Finally, you ought to take note of the fact that this dog crate is very fairly priced. It does contain a number of potential cons that made it one of the runner ups. These will also be quickly listed below.
- Very generously sized at 4.34 feet L x 28.7 inches W x 30.1 inches H
- Interior space for your pet measures 29” x 19” x 22.8”
- Removable plastic floor grate allows for quick and easy cleaning
- The unit is extremely easy to assemble in a short amount of time
- A bit pricey as compared to some other models
- May not be the best storage option for extra large breeds, such as Great Danes
Richell Wooden End-Table Crate
The new wooden dog from Richell is also very worthy of your time and attention. It’s a very attractive crate that is generously sized to fit the needs of large breeds that can weigh up to 88 pounds. For this reason, this particular model comes highly recommended by industry experts and large breed owners alike. It’s very sturdily constructed in order to minimize any potential jostling around while in transport.
You should also note that the Richell dog crate is made of natural hard wood. This gives it an extremely stylish look that will fit in well with the décor of your home. For this reason, you can also use it to store items such as your living room lamp or other decorating items. Finally, it also makes a great “personal” spot for your dog to retreat to when they need a bit of time off from other pets or younger family members.
- Front door can be fully opened to allow for quick access
- Includes a removable floor grate to help you keep the crate clean
- Dimensions are 29.9 x 41.5 x 29.5 inches
- Very portable at a total of only 55.1 pounds
- Considerably pricier than other crates on this list, although its range of features and portability may offset this for some buyers
- Only opens for access at the front, with no other means of loading or exiting
Mr. Herzher’s Small Pet Residence
This list deserves to have a crate for small pets that also doubles as an attractive piece of furniture. The best representative I could choose to fit this niche is the dog crate from Mr. Herzher. This is a crate that is especially designed for the use of smaller breeds, such as chihuahuas, miniature poodles, Shih-Tzu’s, and the like. If your four legged friend is a tiny one, this unit may be all that you need.
Mr. Herzher’s Small Pet Residence dog crate comes highly recommended for small breed owners. Its brown wicker construction gives it a classic antique look and feel. Best of all, its design also renders it easy to load on to your car or moving van for quick and easy transport. You can monitor your dog straight through its open bar design to make sure they are not experiencing any problems during the moving experience.
- It’s small, portable, lightweight, and very easy to assemble
- Comes with a removable floor pan for easy cleaning
- Total dimensions are 24 x 18 x 21 inches
- Lightweight at a total of 20.6 pounds
- Definitely not designed for medium or larger dogs. You also can’t store more than one pet here at a time
- Wicker construction is lightweight but also less durable than some of the other models on this list
Merry Products Crate
One of the most versatile items on this list is the Merry Products Crate. If you need a unit that can double as end-table furniture and a handy conversation piece, this is definitely the one. Its unique construction will definitely be a talking point to savor at your next social gathering. Of course, I should also point out that it is also very well designed to function as a very handy crate to move your dog in.
The Merry Products crate is available in 5 different sizes. It is thus able to store dogs of all breeds and sizes, ranging from small to XXL. This versatility means that, if you like this style, you can buy several of them to house all of the dogs in your home. It’s a combination of solid wood and steel that is sleek, stylish, and very useful. For these reasons, it is bound to be an item that you should consider buying.
- Available in 5 different sizes to fit the needs of all breeds of dogs
- Comes with the standard plastic floor tray to ensure easy cleaning
- Veneer is solid wood and powder coated steel, with steel bars
- Extremely well designed with plenty of ventilation for your dog
- It’s very important to specify which size you are ordering so that you don’t end up having to return a unit that is too big or too small
- Unit is indeed somewhat pricey, although its unique design features will outweight this in the minds of many potential buyers