Are you looking for a great new crate for your puppy? Or a temporary home during moving for your adult dog? While crates tend to be used to move puppies in a safe manner, they can easily be used to suit the needs of any size of dog. The key is to find the crate that works best for their needs and yours.
If you are in the market for such an item, there are certainly plenty of them to be found. There are literally hundreds of new models being introduced to the market as you read this. The idea is to find the one that is affordable, well built, comfy, and durable for you to choose as a temporary shelter for your dog.
Dog crates are important for a great number of reasons. When you are on the move to a new home or a temporary vacation spot, you need a safe place for your dog to stay. Crates take care of this need. They provide a safe, comfy spot for them to lie down in and relax while you take care of the moving on their behalf.
This is why I go out of my way at my website to choose the very best quality collapsible and folding dog crates. These are the models that we feel will yield the best value for your dog, both in the short and the long term. We can easily recommend each of the models on this list to you and your four-legged friend.
My #1 Recommended Collapsible Dog Crate
In the end, there can only be one. Our choice for number one collapsible dog crate is the new Diggs Revol Collapsible Dog Crate. We tested all of the crates that were included on this list. We put them through a series of very rigorous vetting tests in order to make sure that they were worthy to be here.
The crate you choose needs to be safe, dependable, sturdy, and cost-effective. The new Diggs Revol Collapsible Dog Crate. We believe it is currently the best dog crate on the market. But, of course, there are a few other very worthy models that also merit a mention. Let’s get started on learning about them all.
Diggs Revol Collapsible Dog Crate
- Puppy divider to store multiple puppies if need be
- Ceiling hatch for easy exit
- Removable tray lets you keep the crate clean
- Side door allows for easy puppy loading
The Diggs Revol Collapsible Dog Crate is the perfect new crate for puppies. It comes with side and top loading doors so that your puppy can easily enter and exit the crate. Its extremely durable steel construction makes it safe to bring along on any trip, no matter how short or extended.
At a total weight of 23 pounds, this is one crate that you won’t have to bear down to drag on to your vehicle. It comes with a removable floor tray that lets you keep the inside clean. It also features a sturdy divider that will allow you to store several puppies at once if the need arises. For all of these reasons, this is our top choice.
Of course, there are other great new dog and puppy crates on the market. There is no reason why you would not want to have all of your choices laid out by an expert. These models are low cost, durable, and well tested by industry experts. They may not be number one to us but one of them may be a model that you come to prefer.
For this reason, we’ll go over a few of our favorite runner ups. These include models that have gotten excellent reviews from thousands of pet owners all over the nation. We have given all of them a good looking over. This includes a full battery of tests to make sure they live up to the standards every dog owner should have.
EliteField 3-Door Folding Soft Dog Crate
The new EliteField 3-Door Folding Soft Dog Crate comes equipped with a very wide and attractive range of features. Its outer frame is made of durable and long lasting steel tube. The crate cover itself has been specially fashioned of extremely high quality 600D and hex mesh fabric.
The design includes three separate doors to allow your pup or dog to quickly enter or exit the crate. Its total dimensions are 42″ long x 28″ wide x 32″ high. This is a full 2″ wider and 4″ higher than most other crates on the market. When not in use, the model folds down into a tiny square in order to facilitate quick and easy storage.
- Crate frame is made of strong steel tube
- Crate cover is made of high quality durable 600D fabric and hex mesh fabric
- Three mesh doors allow for an easy entrance and exit for your dog
- Meant for smaller and medium breeds rather than large ones
The new Petnation Port-A-Crate is a great model for pups and adult dogs alike. The model has been designed to be lightweight, portable and great for long and short trips alike. It can fit dogs of up to 70 pounds in weight. The crate is basically a tent that has been designed to be able to set up and fold down in a matter of moments.
This crate is composed of a series of lightly but very tightly weaved mesh fabric panels. These panels are then surrounded by a very strong steel frame. The entire design is compact, flexible, and built to last. This is an excellent new crate model made especially for the needs of fully crate trained puppies and adult dogs.
- Extremely compact, lightweight, and portable
- Designed to be set up and folded down in a very short amount of time
- Tent design is excellent to store for short and long trips
- Perfect for crate trained adults and puppies
- Meant for dogs of up to 70 pounds in weight, but no further
- Best for dogs who have already been fully crate trained, not really a beginner’s model
AmazonBasics Single-Door & Double-Door Folding Metal Dog Crate
If you are looking for the ultimate no frills, basic design dog crate, this may well be the one. It’s classic and basic all at once, with a top and bottom dual latch design to quickly let your dog in or out. It’s also extremely lightweight and portable so there won’t be any hassle in getting it on to your car, truck, or SUV.
It’s made of extremely sturdy metal and folds into a flat square for storage. It comes with a divider panel to allow you to store multiple puppies if need be. The model also comes with a removable floor pan so that you can keep it clean. All in all, this design is super basic, simple, and very easy to use and then store for later.
- Extremely basic and simple metal design
- Lightweight and portable
- Folds down into a square for quick storage
- Backed with a full warranty of quality direct from the maker
- Recommended for puppies and small to medium breeds rather than larger ones
- Extremely basic design is cost effective but not overly generous on extra features
2PET Foldable Dog Crate
The new 2PET Foldable Dog Crate combines a strong steel frame with a lightweight and washable fabric cover. While made of sturdy material, its greatest point of appeal is its easy portability. The entire model folds down into a handy and compact space within a very few seconds. It can be reassembled for use just as quickly.
The unit also comes with a special top handle that allows it to do double duty as a very handy pet carrier. The mesh panels allow your dog to get plenty of ventilation. They also allow you to maintain eye contact with your dog and slip them a few treats during the trip. The soft Oxford 600D fabric cover is removable and machine washable.
- Extremely lightweight and portable
- Comes with top handle to enable it to function as a pet carrier
- Cover is removable and machine washable
- Backed with a full warranty from the maker
- Perfect for puppies and dogs up to medium size, not intended for larger adult breeds
AmazonBasics Premium Folding Portable Soft Dog Crate
This is a classic old school folding mesh dog crate design. It’s made of extremely lightweight and durable polyester and PVC material. It’s nothing fancy to look at but it gets the job done in reliable and admirable fashion. The model is very portable and comes with a top handle that will let you use it as a pet carrier if need be.
The model also comes with side windows for adequate ventilation. You can use these windows to monitor the condition of your dog during the trip. You can reassure them with your presence if need be and also pass them plenty of calming snacks. All in all, this is a basic but very lightweight and handy model that is well worth a look.
- PVC and polyester design is lightweight and portable
- Accessory side pockets will let you store toys and treats
- Top handle lets you use the crate as a pet carrier
- Well ventilated via several screened panels
- Not meant for extended trips but great for short or medium-length excursions
- A bit pricy but full of excellent features that are worth the investment