This article may contain affiliate links, and we may be compensated for qualifying purchases made after clicking on them.
- Clients seeking customized meal plans with high nutritional value
- Dogs transitioning to natural fresh food as there are no fillers or artificial coloring
- Better and shiny coats. The food has healthy omega fats, which make the dog coat healthy and soft.
- Customized meal plans
- Convenience because of the free and flexible shipping offered
The Farmer’s Dog and We Feed Raw are great fresh dog food sources considering they have diverse recipes and customization options. The recipes are also pre-portioned to the dog’s specific attributes. Ingredients are also gotten from small and sustainability-oriented farms. Though, both fresh dog food platforms have their strengths and weaknesses. For example, the Farmer’s dog is not great for training, especially if your pet has been on a commercial kibble diet, while We Feed Raw can be expensive. Below we compared two of the best fresh dog food brands today.
We Feed Raw Key Features
- It is great for dogs at every life stage due to the high-quality ingredients.
- The food is completely all-natural as no fillers or preservatives are used.
- Dogs that consume We Feed Raw are less likely to experience allergies . It is also great for dogs with sensitive tastes due to palatability.
- All of the recipes are also made with USDA-certified human-grade meat. That means strict standards for labeling, processing, and facility sanitation have been met.
- A consistent diet of fresh and raw food can be expensive for dogs.
The ingredients for We Feed Raw fresh food include meaty meat, which entails chicken, turkey, beef, and duck from farms in the United States. A tenth of the food is organ meat, and another ten comes from edible bones. There is a vitamin and mineral premix as well, which contributes to the nutrient package.
USDA Human-Grade Meat
The company sources the best human-grade meat on the market. Most meats, including beef, turkey, and duck, maybe from local American farms, but the lamb is from New Zealand. The farm animals are kept on a strict organic diet to ensure the products are healthy for use. These meats do not have artificial flavoring or preservatives and are processed in USDA-certified facilities.
The pricing estimates depend on the meal plan your dog is using. That would be dependent on the dog’s size, activity level, and age. For one, chicken, lamb, venison, and duck cost much more than turkey or beef. The costing is also linked to whether you would use We Feed Raw as the main dish or as a topping option. An average-sized dog that is 40 pounds and on a full meal plan would consume 14 oz daily. It would cost $5.65 per day or $158.10 a day. If it is a large 60-pound dog, though, the cost will be higher at, say, $7.43, considering it consumes 20 oz daily.
The Farmers Dog Key Features
- You get to personalize the meal plans to meet your dog’s specific needs.
- Free shipping is offered, and there is an ability to ship more food at a time, reducing the delivery frequency.
- There are four recipes to choose from, certified by the American college of veterinary nutrition. These include chicken, pork, beef, and turkey.
- There are pre-portioned amounts to prevent overfeeding.
- The Farmer’s dog prioritizes eco-friendly packaging for its products.
- The Farmer’s dog is more expensive than other commercially available dog food options.
- The food has to be kept fresh, so it has to be stored in the freezer. It would require a significant amount of space as well.
The platform’s ingredients are obtained from reputable food suppliers such as organic farms that meet the requirements set by the USDA. There is no specific puppy formula, though all recipes are certified by the AAFCO for every life stage. Meat-based ingredients include beef, turkey, and pork, complemented by kale, sunflower seeds, fish oil, vitamins, and lentils.
It is possible to customize the meal plans according to the issues the dog is experiencing. Users can input 15 health issues such as gluten, grain sensitivity, allergies, and digestive issues. The meal plans, though, are not only personalized to the unique health problems but also the lifestyle of the dog. That is the age, weight, and activity level of the dog.
The pricing packages from The Farmer’s Dog are set according to the personalization attributes. That depends on the customization inputs, like the dog’s weight, age, and other lifestyle factors. For example, a mixed breed one-year-old male of average weight would potentially cost 54.17 a week. Fortunately, that would also come with free shipping. You can mix the food with rice as well to make it last longer.
Overview of Each Product
Those who want to make a change to feeding their dog raw food. Considering it has a flexible subscription package, the meals should easily arrive at your doorstep. However, the platform is a bit more expensive than others as it costs 5.67 a day for an average-sized dog.
Choose We Feed Raw If:
You are looking for a fresh dog food platform that offers high-quality sourced meats. It may be more expensive, but you can use a topper approach where it is mixed with commercial dog food to ease the cost.
The Farmer’s dog is a premier fresh food choice that is great for dogs with stomach and digestion problems. It is also suitable for alleviating medical issues because of the improved diet. Fortunately, because the Farmer’s Dog food comes pre-portioned, it is more portable than most options.
Choose The Farmer’s Dog If:
You need fresh dog food that potentially alleviates the dog’s medical issues. The fact that it comes proportioned also makes it better for shipping and storage purposes.