This article may contain affiliate links, and we may be compensated for qualifying purchases made after clicking on them.
- Diverse, high-quality dog food, including fresh human-grade food and crunchy unkibble.
- Discounts as customers get 50% off their first order with a promotion code.
- Convenience as the dog food is delivered straight to your door.
- High-quality ingredients with no artificial by-products or preservatives which are harmful.
- Hassle-free subscription and the option to pause or alter the delivery at any time.
- Engaging and helpful customer service.
Fresh dog food platforms are popular at present because of the increasing health needs of pets. More dogs are getting cancer and other lifestyle diseases due to their regular diet though these issues may have been solved through the best fresh dog food. Spot and Tango and Ollie are great fresh food platforms with crafted meal plans to improve your dog’s health. They have different advantages and tradeoffs, which will be analyzed to determine the best dog food delivery service option for your dog’s needs.
Spot and Tango Key Features
- Spot and Tango features a diverse meal plan as there are six recipes to choose from
- There is free auto shipping which can be adjusted at any time.
- It is only made with ingredients that meet the USDA standards  for human-grade food.
- New customers are given a 20 percent discount on their meal plans.
- It is hard to know the price options until you do the online profile quiz for the dog.
- Delivery option is only once per month in most U.S based locations.
Spot and Tango has a diverse meal plan, including fresh dog food and unkibble. There are three animal protein-based options: turkey, beef, and lamb. These are complemented by nutrient-rich veggies and fruits such as carrots, spinach, peas, apples, and safflower oil. Though unkibble may not be as nutritionally good as fresh food, its shelf stability and pricing make it a good alternative. All recipes across both options are also crafted by veterinary nutritionists and fit the AAFCO standards for every age group.
Subscription and Pricing
The subscriptions for Spot and Tango begin from $9 per week though the pricing can vary depending on the customized meal plan of the dog. If you have a mixed breed two-year-old which is 40 pounds with no allergies, the cost could be $70.95 a week for a lamb-based meal plan. Beef and millet would cost less, though at $49.61 a week. Alternatively, if you are looking for a cheaper option, you can do the partial meal plan or try out the unkibble recipes, which range from $25.68 to $39.
All of the recipes from the platform are created by certified veterinarians. They also meet the guidelines the Association of Animal Feed Control Officials gave, meaning they are human grade. They also have stringent quality control processes for their products’ procurement, processing, and distribution. Even their suppliers are audited to ensure the food is of the highest quality standards.
Ollie Key Features
- Highly digestible dog food which can alleviate health issues or allergies.
- The meal plans are personalized for your dog, and it comes with detailed feeding instructions
- The food is appropriate for dogs in every life stage.
- The dog food is free of artificial flavors, soy, or wheat, which may adversely affect some dogs.
- Ollie is expensive as a long-term feeding option
- It is not very portable or convenient if you prefer on-the-go eating.
There are four recipes to choose from: chicken, turkey, lamb, and beef. The difference with Spot and Tango is that most meal plans combine the four main meat options. Each container has some lean meat, organ meat, fresh vegetables, fruits, and seeds. Fortunately, the food has no artificial colors, fillers, or flavors. Rather Ollie uses natural antimicrobial options to keep the food as fresh as possible.
One of the issues with mass-produced dog food is they are sometimes overheated to burn up the pathogens but that only kills the nutrients as well. This is done by making huge quantities at once and cooking it at high temperatures, reducing the food’s overall quality. Spot and Tango prioritize the meal experience and slow-cooked food to preserve the nutrients and overall palatability. It is the reason they also flash freeze the food before delivery to ensure the food does not spoil.
Ollie’s meal plans begin at less than $2 per day for smaller dogs exclusively eating Ollie’s dog food. Medium or large-sized dogs between 40 and 65 pounds, though, would require $8 worth a day. It is because Ollie’s prices are according to the precise amount of food the dog needs and the meal plan chosen.
Overview of Each Product
Spot and Tango feature more diverse meal options considering the availability of unkibble, which is also less costly. The platform is also costly but not as much as Ollie’s. On the plus side, it features free delivery, biodegradable packaging, and high-quality dog food.
Choose Spot and Tango If:
You need a convenient but relatively cost-efficient fresh dog food platform for your dogs.
Ollie is the platform to go for if you want your dog to get the best nutrition-filled food. Dogs that begin feeding on Ollie dog food are generally happier, healthier, and more energetic. However, there is a price tag as Ollie is more expensive on average than other platforms.
Choose Ollie If:
You need a top-tier fresh dog food platform that slow cooks their food. It may be a bit expensive, though.