This article may contain affiliate links, and we may be compensated for qualifying purchases made after clicking on them.
- Customers searching for whole food ingredients like broccoli, beef and pumpkin.
- Convenience due to free ground shipping
- Quality assured safe dog food as the platform utilizes USDA-certified meats.
- Healthy recipes developed by the American College of Veterinary Nutrition
- Auto shipping, so it is possible to adjust your shipping frequency or stop any time.
- Customized meal plans as they offer personalization according to the pet’s needs.
The demand for the best fresh dog food is steadily rising as pet owners become aware of their dogs’ need to consume healthy food. Whether your dog has a current medical problem or has a sensitive palate, fresh dog food is a great way to allow it to have a healthy lifestyle. PetPlate and the Farmer’s Dog are well-known fresh dog food platforms that bring different things to the table. The following analysis should reveal individual strengths and weaknesses, so you can decide on the best dog food delivery service option for your needs.
PetPlate Key Features
- PetPlate has six recipes available: lamb, pork, venison, chicken, beef and turkey.
- Human grade USDA certified fresh ingredients without preservatives or fillers.
- All of the packaging is BPA free and recyclable
- PetPlate provides a 100 percent money-back guarantee on the dog food if it is not satisfactory
- The personalization system for the dog profile does not necessarily consider health issues  but rather food sensitivity.
PetPlate’s six meal options contain liver as a nutrient-rich source of protein. The company also created three treat options: Digestive Cookies, USDA Chicken Apple Sausage Bites and Mobility Cookies. These are grain free and organic with no additives. They are great for dogs dealing with arthritis  or digestive issues. You can add a bag of treats to the regular subscription or order them as necessary.
PetPlate packs the food in a round plastic container. Each pack also has a releasable lid and serves 8oz. They also have straightforward feeding instructions illustrated on the back. The disadvantage is that it may take more space in the food compared to other options.
The cost of the dog food is set according to the customized profile for your dog. It is a bit affordable, though, compared to other fresh food platforms, as you can feed a small dog $2.5 worth a day for a full meal plan. The price increases if the dog is older and bigger, though with no health conditions. For example, a 40-pound, two-year-old dog with no allergies or problems would eat $6.42 a day. Alternatively, if you do not want to spend as much on meals, a topper plan would cost $18 per week.
The Farmer’s Dog Key Features
- High-quality human-grade dog food free of any additives or preservatives.
- Customizing meal plans allows you to order dog food according to your pet’s essential needs.
- Auto shipping options are provided, which is convenient for subscription. Similarly, you can adjust the shipping frequency and pause at any time.
- Food is delivered within a few days of being cooked and flash frozen to preserve nutrients and freshness.
- The food needs to be kept in a frozen state to keep it from spoiling. It needs to be thawed during serving, and the remainder must be refrozen.
- It is more expensive than most commercial kibble options.
High-Quality, Diverse Ingredients
The Farmer’s dog has four recipe options: beef, chicken, turkey and pork. Aside from well-sourced beef, the first recipe entails sweet potato, kale, sunflower seeds and fish oil. The chicken recipe is also similar: base meat, Brussel sprouts, bok choy cabbage, and fish oil.
Customers can personalize their dog profile into 15 categories such as grain sensitivity, allergies, gluten or even ear infections. Though, there is an option of adding other health issues which have not been listed. It is also possible to adjust the flavouring and quantity of the packs within each shipment.
Convenience and Packaging
The company labels every order to specify individual packages with the dog’s name and the manufacturing date of the food. Farmer’s dog uses plastic packaging for the food so it can be recycled along with the storage container. The delivery is also made to your door as soon as you order, which is more convenient than store-bought kibble.
The Farmer’s dog pricing is set according to the personalized factors you input for dogs. By that metric, the smaller dogs may incur $2 a day. However, if the dog is a 38-pound one-year-old of healthy size, that price may increase significantly. That is provided there are no health problems or allergies. It may cost $54.17 a week or $7.7 a day. Fortunately, shipping is free as well.
Overview of Each Product
PetPlate has an array of six ingredients to the meal plan, which is higher than what The Farmer’s Dog offers. It is also dedicated to high-quality food sourcing and products for the consumer. PetPlate does cost slightly more than the Farmer’s Dog, but it is a good option if you are committed to introducing your pets to a healthy lifestyle.
Choose PetPlate If:
You need high-quality fresh dog food with diverse recipes with treat options but at a higher cost.
The Farmer’s dog has diverse recipes with animal and vegetable protein sources. It also gently cooks the food at low temperatures per USDA facility standards to preserve its nutritional value. These are frozen quickly for shipping and storage convenience as well. The Farmer’s dog is cheaper than PetPlate and does not take up as much space as its containers in the recycle bin.
Choose The Farmer’s Dog If :
You want customizable meal plans and convenient packaging. It is also palatable for dogs, and the slow cooking process preserves nutrient levels.