This article may contain affiliate links, and we may be compensated for qualifying purchases made after clicking on them.
Who is the Ollie for?
- Dogs that thrive best on a customized diet specially prepared to match their unique nutritional needs.
- Pet parents who have a packed schedule but still want to guarantee the health of their fur babies
- Dogs that need human-grade food for their sensitive stomach.
Who is Nom Nom for?
- Dogs that have specific dietary requirements due to pre-existing health sensitivities or problems
- Picky eaters or those that crave variety in their meals while still getting the full
- Pet parents who want all the benefits of an accomplished veterinary nutritionist
All pet owners want the best for their dogs—and this includes giving them the best meals available. While there’s nothing wrong with dry dog food—studies show the fresh pet meals specifically formulated to meet your dog’s nutritional needs is the way to go.
The key word here is: specifically formulated. Fresh dog food is only as good as the veterinary nutritionist who made it and the information they have on your dog when they created the recipe. Each dog is unique and certain breeds have sensitivities or prevalent health problems that need to be addressed through their diet. For example, pugs are at a serious risk of easily gaining weight and being obese. Therefore, they need a diet that’s nutrient-dense while still keeping calorie count low for weight management.
This is where specially prepared fresh food comes into play with the help of a nutritionist who can deliver nutrient-dense, fresh, and convenient meals for you and your pup. Ollie Dog Food and Nom Nom are two of the best dog food delivery platforms today, but which one is better for you?
Ollie Dog Food Features
- Ollie Dog Food offers both fresh and baked meals for your dog
- A dedicated veterinary nutritionist formulates all the recipes according to the unique needs of your pet.
- Ollie food is packed for travel. Each meal is small enough to fit in a traditional cooler, making it perfect for trips or stays at doggy daycare.
- A single account can accommodate multiple pets, ensuring that each one will get a customized meal despite differences in age, breed, activity, and other factors.
- Since Ollie provides fresh meals— the shelf life is fairly short at just 4 days after being placed inside the refrigerator.
Extensive Doggy Profiling
Ollie starts by asking you to answer questions about your dog so they create an exhaustive profile of your pet’s needs. This is the most important step and you want to be as honest as possible. Be prepared to provide information on your dog’s eating habits, exercise, breed profile, ancestry, energy levels, and even his bathroom breaks!
Starts with Your Starter Box
All new Ollie members get a Starter Box containing everything you will possibly need to start the Ollie-diet. The box contains two weeks’ worth of food, a scoop for easy servings, a puptainer or bowl, and an extensive feeding guide to help you through the process.
High Grade Ingredients
All meals are prepared using high-grade products and ingredients sourced only from vetted providers. From the protein source all the way down to the veggies—Ollie makes sure that each item meets the stringent quality standards of the brand. Meals contain zero preservatives—as if you prepared them yourself.
Flexible Delivery Schedule
Food is shipped regularly and can be arranged according to your schedule. The goal is to make sure there’s a little overlap in-between the deliveries in the event of transport issues due to bad weather or major holidays. Delivery schedules can be changed through your account with Ollie so you have full control over the amount and frequency of each serving !
Easy Preparation and Portion Control
The feeding guide comes complete with instructions on how much to feed your dog, depending on their ideal weight. Part of Ollie’s job is to calculate the perfect portion for your pooch to meet all his nutrients and caloric requirements for the day. With the help of the tools in the starter kit, you can quickly serve the dishes once thawed with few extra steps along the way.
Nom Nom Dog Food Features
- Deliveries are flexible and may be scheduled according to what works best for you.
- Meals arrive pre-portioned so there’s less work to worry about for preparation.
- The brand also offers products catered toward dog health such as supplements
- A single account allows you to add several pets and get a specialized meal plan for two or more dogs.
- You will need to consistently update your dog’s profile if you want to guarantee the quality of the meal
Auto Rotation of Recipes
Nom Nom offers four different recipes based off different protein sources such as beef, pork, turkey, and chicken. You can auto-rotate these recipes through your account as needed and give your dog a bit of variety in their daily meals.
No Fillers, No Chemicals
All meals are made using instructions of a certified veterinary nutritionist. They’re all unique—specially formulated for your dog after you fill out the necessary profile. The meals are packaged tightly with the help of ice packs and airtight containers to make sure you receive them practically fresh.
Trial Access through PetSmart
If you’re not sure about starting Nom Nom Food for your dog, the brand actually offers trial meals through Pet Smart. Keep in mind though that specially prepared food is still better since this considers the unique requirements of your pet such as their age, breed, activity levels, and more.
Access to Personalized Insights
By subscribing to Nom Nom, you’ll gain insight into your dog’s overall health. This information is provided after you fill in your dog’s profile—therefore making sure that you’re getting accurate information throughout. Nom Nom also requires you to update doggy profiles so the recipes can grow with your dog!
Exceeds AAFCO Standards
AAFCO or the Association of American Feed Control Officials sets the gold standard when it comes to the quality of food we serve our pets. The organization crosses State borders and makes sure that feed requirements are standard in all States. Ollie takes AAFCO standards seriously, which is why their recipes all go beyond the minimum requirements.
Ollie Dog Food is the logical choice for pet owners who want a nutrient-dense meal that takes into account the unique needs of their pet. It’s a convenient way of approaching pet care and making sure your four-legged friend get his meals on time, every time. The protein source of the meal plans are diverse enough to include even “lamb”, which is the ideal choice for dogs with food sensitivities.
Choose Ollie If…
You have a picky eater who prefers variety and flavor in his meals. Ollie offers more variety in terms of cooking technique. You can choose between the fresh meals, baked meals, or simply have both types delivered to your home.
Nom Nom Dog Food meals are limited to the fresh variety, which means they don’t have the “baked” options available with Ollie Dog Food. Aside from veterinary nutritionists, Nom Nom also works using AAFCO standards, thereby delivering more with each meal serving.
Choose Nom Nom If…
You want to automate the variety of your meals by swapping, switching, or rotating the servings. Pet owners who want quick and instant access to their dog’s vital stats should also choose Nom Nom as it offers more in terms of transparency.