This article may contain affiliate links, and we may be compensated for qualifying purchases made after clicking on them.
- Quality human-grade fresh dog food
- Customizable meal plans for dogs with unique needs. There are unique diet options as well, like grain free and vegan.
- High-quality standards as the company utilize USDA-approved recipes.
- Vet-designed recipes from approved animal protein sources
- Highly digestible food which is suitable for dogs with sensitive tastes
- Customized and proportioned fresh dog food
Ollie dog food and Just Food for Dogs are high-quality fresh food platforms serving various customers. Both often rank as the best fresh dog food brands today because of their high-quality ingredients and recipes for pets. They also offer customization options so you can input the specific attributes of the dog and get recommendations. However, there are other advantages and tradeoffs to consider with each platform to know which is the best dog food delivery service provider for you.
Just Food for Dogs Key Features
- The fresh food options are great for dogs who recently underwent surgery and need safe protein
- The USDA certified the products as the ingredients are from high-quality sources.
- The recipes are entirely balanced.
- The food does not come in pre-portioned packages.
- The fresh frozen meals need to be thawed before being given to the dog. They need to be refrozen afterward so it does not spoil quickly.
Just Food for Dogs uses locally sourced whole grains and non-GMO veggies without any hormones. Each recipe also has vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
Some key recipe ingredients include lean ground beef, russet potatoes, green beans, carrots, beef liver, peas, and apples. Additional ingredients such as fish oil, vitamin D3 , iron, zinc, and safflower oil strengthen the nutrient capacity.
Before shipping the product, the platform allows you to answer some questions such as weight, breed, activity level, and the overall age of the dogs. It is needed so the platform can develop a specific nutritional plan for the dog. The process is simple, and a team of nutritionists assists in compiling the data so you can get a customized meal plan. These recipes would be great for the dog, depending on its specific needs.
The trouble, though, with Just Food for Dogs is they do not have great packaging options as the meals do not come pre-portioned. You can either choose 18-ounce or 72-ounce packages. These are for the fresh frozen option, so the food has to be thawed before shelving it out. You also have to use the food within five days after thawing. That is even with refreezing.
The meals from Just Food for Dogs begin at $5.95 a day. You can also save 35% on the first auto-ship order and five percent on the recurring orders.
Ollie Dog Food Key Features
- The platform features high-quality fresh food, which alleviates health issues.
- Dogs that eat Ollie’s food tend to have less odorous poop.
- They have proportioned packet options for increased convenience. It is also to prevent overfeeding.
- The dog food is delivered to your door, so there is significant convenience after ordering.
- There is no artificial flavoring or additives for dog food.
- The chunks of dog food may be too big for the smaller dogs.
- It is expensive as a long-term food option.
- Ollies are not considered the best option for training or transitioning the dog from kibble to wet food.
Ollie dog food is transparent concerning the quality of ingredients and the policies it follows regarding food preparation. The company does source the ingredients from free-range farms in the United States. Animal proteins include chicken, beef, turkey, and turkey. These are complemented by vegetables like sweet potatoes, blueberries, and spinach, as they have the much-needed vitamins your dog needs.
Ollie dog food has created a system of portioning the batches according to your dog’s caloric needs. You would have to fill in the dog’s needs and specifications questionnaire. That means answering queries on age, activities, allergies, and the dog’s weight. The goal is to provide a meal plan specifically beneficial for your pet.
Flexible Delivery Options
You can choose when you would like a mixed or entirely Ollie-based dog food option. The meals are then packaged and sold. Ollie dog food arrives frozen, though because it is already pre-portioned, you do not have to thaw all of it while serving meals.
The cost for Ollie depends on the activity levels, breed, and dog age. It would cost about $52 a week to feed a two-year-old 50-pound dog on a turkey-based diet. The costs for a smaller dog on a beef-based diet would be a bit lower at $45 per week.
Overview of Each Product
Just Food for Dogs offers a wide variety of dog food recipes, including both animal protein and vegetables. It is also cheap as the meals start at a lower price than Ollies, and there are discounts for the first auto-ship order.
Choose Just Food for Dogs If:
You want a quality fresh dog food option that is affordable. They do not have an efficient delivery system though it is easy to customize meal plans and subscribe.
Ollie dog food experiences are great for those dogs which have already transitioned to wet food. The problem is that the texture is slightly inconsistent since different cooks make the food. The large chunks may not be suitable for the smaller dogs.
Choose Ollie Dog Food If:
The dog is already used to wet food and requires a high-quality fresh food experience. Ollie offer customized meal plans as well, and the food is very palatable. It would be great for larger dogs because of the chunky texture.